The text book titled “LTE Security” is released from Wiley Publishers recently. Addressing the security solutions for LTE, a cellular technology from Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPP), this book shows how LTE security substantially extends GSM and 3G security. It also encompasses the architectural aspects, known as SAE, to give a comprehensive resource on the topic. Although the security for SAE/LTE evolved from the security for GSM and 3G, due to different architectural and business requirements of fourth generation systems the SAE/LTE security architecture is substantially different from its predecessors. This book presents in detail the security mechanisms employed to meet these requirements.
Whilst the industry standards inform how to implement systems, they do not provide readers with the underlying principles behind security specifications. LTE Security fills this gap by providing first hand information from 3GPP insiders who explain the rationale for design decisions.
Key features of the book “LTE Security”:
- Provides a concise guide to the 3GPP/LTE Security Standardization specifications
- Authors are leading experts who participated in decisively shaping SAE/LTE security in the relevant standardization body, 3GPP
- Shows how GSM and 3G security was enhanced and extended to meet the requirements of fourth generation systems
- Gives the rationale behind the standards specifications enabling readers to have a broader understanding of the context of these specifications
- Explains why LTE security solutions are designed as they are and how theoretical security mechanisms can be put to practical use